GDC group, trading as gdcinteriors.com, (“we“, “our”, “us”) are committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our website terms and conditions that apply to your use of our website) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is GDC group.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.gdcinteriors.com (the “Website“). This includes information provided at the time of registering for the membership, our newsletter, posting discounts and other material or contacting us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• If you enter one of our competitions we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, the resources that you access and the transactions you make.
• Information in relation to your location, if you access our Website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser. Our Website may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged in. The type of location data collected includes information relating to the latitude and longitude of your mobile device, your direction of travel and / or the time the location information was recorded.
Log Files, IP Addresses and Cookies
Like many other Web sites, www.gdcinteriors.com makes use of log files. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks for system administration, to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information, to report aggregate information to our business users and for marketing purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device’s internal memory. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Website.
www.gdcinteriors.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to www.gdcinteriors.com and other sites on the Internet.
If you register with the Website or sign up for any of our newsletters or alerts, we will send you information about our Source codes, updates, deals, sales or other products and services we feel may interest you. Your e-mail address may also be used to send you information about our other websites that we feel are relevant to your registration on the Website.
You can sign up to our newsletter through submitting your email address at any of the sign up boxes featured throughout the Website or via our Member Registration page. By providing your email address you agree to receive regular newsletter emails from the Website.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link featured within each of our newsletters. Alternatively, members can edit their personal information or manage newsletter subscriptions by updating their information within their member profile.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our (or our third party service providers’) secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer and mobile device.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To allow you to participate in competitions and interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To provide you with marketing services.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To provide location based services to you (as set out below) if you access our Website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We have implemented Google Analytics including Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We use information from Google Analytics to gain understanding and insights about the nature of our audience and how they interact with our products and services (holistically not individually). You can opt out of Google Analytics when using the Website here.
We only disclose information about identifiable individuals to our affiliate advertisers as described in “Disclosure of Your Information” below. However, we may provide any affiliate advertisers with aggregate information about our users.
Collection and Use of Location Data
If you access our Website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser, we may use that location data held about you in the following ways:
• To log when you have arrived at and / or leave a location (for example, a shopping centre, a high street or an airport);
• To provide location based services to you (for example, offering vouchers for merchants nearby or other marketing relevant to your location);
• To infer the location of the places you visit most often and determine your frequency at these locations.
Location data will be processed for no longer than fourteen months.
By accessing our Website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser, you consent to the collection and use of such location data as set out above.
You may adjust the settings on your mobile device to withdraw consent to sharing your location data at any time and to prevent the sharing of location data. You may also manage how your mobile device or mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your mobile device and mobile browser settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location data, you may be unable to access some features of our services that are designed for mobile devices.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliate advertisers, but only to the extent you have redeemed a voucher / Source Code offered by the affiliate advertiser, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through the Website on behalf of the affiliate advertiser.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in “Uses Made of the Information” above such as sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, and facilitating card-linked offers. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect personal information and are only allowed to use the personal information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If gdcinteriors.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of gdcinteriors.com, our customers, or others.
• We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities only when you agree the specific Terms and Conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Website contains links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £250.00) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To unsubscribe from our newsletters please sign in to your member account and update your preferences on the Email Options tab. Alternatively you can reply to one of our Newsletters with ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject line or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link featured within each of our newsletters.